Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hand towels



This is an easy project, so easy that it hardly needs a tutorial. I wanted to make some matching kitchen towels to go with my place mats and napkins. I got some waffle textured cotton fabric on the cheap for 5$ a yard I was able to make 4 towels from one yard as well as the scarps I had left over from my place mats and napkins. I think they came out pretty cute and they didn't take long to make.


You will need:
1 yard of absorbent fabric.
small amount of decorative fabric.
coordinating thread
sewing machine and scissors



Step one: Cut your yard of  fabric in quarters. Then cut 4 strips of the decorative fabric the same width of your quartered fabric. Sew 1/4 inch hem on each raw edge of the strips. Once all your strips are hemmed you can pin them to your towel where you like. (If you use the waffle textured cotton fabric that I used it is very easy to line up the strips perfect and later to sew perfect hems on the towel.) Sew the strips to the towel.





Step Two: Sew another 1/4 inch hem all the way around the towel. You are done! It is that simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment