Friday, September 17, 2010

Owl Treasures!

I know it has been a while since I have made a post. I have not been doing much as far as crafts the past few weeks. I have tons of ideas but have not been to the craft store in a while. Which may not be a bad thing because I always spend way more than I plan too. With a big move not that far off I have decided that the less money I spend and the more I save the easier our move to Portland will be. However I did recently find a couple really awesome little treasures that I could not pass up. My owl obsession took over last week and I felt compelled to fill my kitchen with owls!


So this is my absolute favorite find of all time. My new Metlox PoppyTrail Owl cookie jar! A while back my friend Kaleena was passed down an owl cookie jar from her Grandmother. I believe it is also a PoppyTrail it is very similar looking. From that point on I wanted my own owl cookie jar. I think I have been looking at owl cookie jars on Etsy and Ebay for nearly a year now. I have come across many that I liked but for some reason the Metlox PoppyTrail always caught my eye. On Average they sell for around 60$ I was fortunate enough to win mine on Ebay for 23$ They do not always have them since they are vintage and are no longer made. You may have to wait around a while to find one for a good deal. I think my patients was well worth it! It is so beautiful in person, I just adore it! It has such a gorgeous Mustered and Rust colored glaze. It is in perfect condition as well!

I also found just the cutest Owl spoon (5$) rest and salt n pepper shakers (6$)on Etsy! I just love Etsy! You can find the coolest stuff there!
Not sure when my next post will be. So I apologize in advance if I don;t get around to making another one for awhile! I know I am going to be awful busy with getting everything organized for the move. Also going to be trying to save some money which will my no craft store trips. However I know I will have some good stuff to come....Usually when I move into a new place I have tons of ideas to personalize that space. Good things are coming! In the mean time Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment