Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Quilt



My old spread was starting to get dingy and it had a tear in the fabric. Actually it was a duvet cover with a comforter insert and it stated to be a hassle because the insert would always get bunched up in the duvet cover and I was constantly having to re adjust it. I was going to just by a new bed spread but while I was looking nothing was jumping out at me. Everything looked so commercial. It seems that the better I get at sewing the less I like store bought items. Sewing is such a relaxing hobby and I really enjoy it. I love having a "Handmade Home" This was my first attempt at making a quilt. I didn't know what I was in for so I choose a very simple pattern. Now I am thanking myself for not getting to ambitions. I had a few bumps in the road but over all I am very pleased at how it came out. I also made some matching pillow cases. I have slept with it a couple of night now and it is so warm and cozy. There is something very comforting in curling up at night with something that was hand made!


1 comment:

  1. It's really pretty did u use a pattern or tutorial?

    ReplyDelete