Friday, July 16, 2010

Cute Apron



       Being a vegan I make a lot of home cooked meals. I also do all the housework. Personally I find that wearing an apron while I am doing these tasks helps to keep my outfit tidy. I't also comes in handy when you can't find a clean dish towel to dry your hands on. The apron I have been using for that past few years is just a plain black standard one. After looking on Etsy for ideas I figured I could make a pretty cute one myself. I bought some fabric I liked and just used by plain black apron as the pattern for my new one. It was pretty simple to make. The most difficult part was the little ruffle at the bottom and the pockets but even those were not to hard. I did not get enough pictures while I was making it to do a tutorial. I am so sorry, I have been having camera difficulties. I am really pleased with how it came out and still wanted to do a post on it. With every new sewing project, I get a little better. It seems like it was just yesterday that I got my sewing machine and made my first set of curtains, with crooked seems and all. I have come a long way and it just goes to show that practice pays off!


4 comments:

  1. Adorable! It turned out really nice! I need to make an apron, maybe it will be my next craft project for girl's night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pockets and ruffled edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, i just found your blog and i really wanna say you are soooo amazingly creative. And i am so inlove with your home, so clean and cozy that i felt like i just wanna sit there and stare on how cozy your place is. Im so impressed with your blog so im following you! thanks for sharing this excellent blog of yours! keep it up!

    xoxo,
    shineyglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Crafts and home decor are my passion and I am happy to share it! I actually have a lot of fun posting on my favorite projects. Thank you so much for the feed back! I hope to hear from you more!

    ReplyDelete